Friday, October 20, 2017

Thirdeaglebooks on Apocalypse 7, me giving a few disagreements


Video commented on:
What Angel Seals 144,000 Jews in Bible Prophecy?
thirdeaglebooks, added, 5.XI.2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqQSIkKIvlk


I
4:18 Ah, yes, I noticed what you said about this passage now.

Otherwise, I would have thought Henoch was mainly sealing Pagan converts (my favourite ones being Indians).

You know that the Mahabharata story about the hero Bharat seems to involve TWO Henochs, both the Cainite one and the Sethite who was raptured.

He founds a city (Cainite Henoch) - and he is raptured (Sethite Henoch). So, Henoch will probably have to tell Hindoos they are confusing two persons and he is one of them.

Oh, the unnumbered group is mentioned in same passage, so I could theoretically be right.

BOTH groups, not just the first, being servants of God.

9:11 in Apocalypse:

A king, the angel of the bottomless pit; whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek Apollyon; in Latin Exterminans,

Sure it was Elijah who was here?

II
7:35 There was a person suggesting "he" and I as Pope and Emperor were the two witnesses.

That I do not believe, it seems Boniface X was outed as a woman (and therefore a non-Pope).

I am however very sure I am not recalling any millennia of living in some of the heavens above earth, nor any life as either Henoch or Elijah the Thisbite.

So it is at least unlikely I would be Elijah or Henoch - in the usual scenario it is kind of impossible.

JUST in case someone was wondering. No, I am most likely not one of the two witnesses, if it turns out I am, I would be very surprised.

7:53 I also don't quite buy Henoch and Elijah will come incognito.

Sackcloth could indicate Franciscan or Carmelite apparel, and Elijah was ultimate founder of Carmelites (via Essenians).

When people say "oh they were Henoch and Elijah", I think they will have been for long accused of being a fraud.

You can imagine a LOT of groups wanting to stamp them as such, right?

III
8:13 Is dressing up as Ghost of Canterville (c/o Oscar Wilde in his better hours) a no no?

He was after all a ghost whose mission as a ghost was asking the intercession of a virgin.

On Oct 31, Irish have a good tradition of "souling" : if you give a souling bun, the party will make one indulgenced prayer for a deceased family member you name to him. This means, that kind of Halloween celebration has more to do with Nov 2 than with Nov 1. And if you look it up in Pope Gregory, Purgatory was, I will not say "discovered" or "invented", but at least strongly confirmed by ghosts asking for intercessionary prayers.

Other ghosts, whom one might have less need to dress up as, were at the same time warning of the Hell they were condemned to for this or that or sundry sin (a bit like Marley in a book by Charles Dickens).

Also, dressing up as a headless person (carrying one's head in one's arms) is obviously ambiguous as to ghost or saint.

It seems to be accepted custom for certain beheaded ghosts on which the Canterville one was based, but it is also correct of St Denis of Paris. After beheading, he took the head in his arms, went running to an image of the Blessed Virgin and placed the head under her feet before expiring.

No comments: